Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Love Me Long Time

So back in the day of getting up at 7am, horrible acne, and even worse self image, I had a teacher who really helped me to see the better side of myself. He handed out hand mirrors and dry erase markers to everyone. We all gave him a look that said, "Seriously? You trying to say we have something on our faces?" A few of the girls used them to touch up their lipgloss. The boys just fiddled with it and I flipped it over so I couldn't see myself. We were working on a self esteem portion and he wanted to use this as an opertunity to help us build our self esteem. First he had us write down things we saw in the mirror on the mirror. Most of it was negative. He told us to look closer and replace every negative thing on it with a postive thing, something that we like about our selves, it didn't have to be physical we can write things that we liked about our personality as well. To make a long story short, I felt ten times better about myself when I left than when I had walked into the class an hour earlier.
I had wiped the mirror clean at the end of class, I wish I hadn't now but the blank mirror was calling to me. I had been in a particular blue mood and I really needed a pick me up. I grabbed that old mirror that had helped me so long ago and an old eyeliner(it will wipe of the mirror) and did the same thing I had done on that day, in fourth period health class with Mr Teasely.
This is a picture of what I came up with, I feel just as good about myself now as I had when I left class.  
So now I pass this on to you. Look in the mirror and write all of the things that are good about yourself. When you are feeling low and are having self doubt write the things that you feel are good about your self. Sometimes you may need a loved one to write the first thing to get you started, but eventually you'll find the good in yourself. Remember to always love yourself, you are beautiful just the way you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment